MTN Nigeria is at it again. Following the trail of their prestigious MTN Project Fame, comes the MTN Songstar Competition.
Having discovered the likes of Iyanya, chidinma etc. in project fame, the songstar competition is another avenue for upcoming musicians in Nigeria to take their careers to the next level.
See the whole gist via mtnonline.com below:
The MTN Songstar Competition is a first of its kind in the Nigerian market and it aims to delight targeted subscribers by creating passion point value from data usage.
The Competition is a 3 month contest aimed at engaging the youth segment with the purpose of harnessing and driving the development of local music talent using an App.
Compared to the existing singer talent hunt shows, the MTN Songstar differentiates itself by taking the contest to the digital space.
The MTN Songstar competition reaffirms MTN’s leadership position in innovation and the industry at large, offering an opportunity for Nigerian music lovers to showcase their talent /passion and for MTN customers to enjoy the life enriching benefits of connecting to the new world.
ELIGIBILITY: Participants/contestants must be on the MTN network.
HOW TO REGISTER: Interested contestants would be encouraged visit the MTN content portal to download the MTN SONGSTAR APP to get started [strictly MTN subscribers].
ENTRY PERIOD: The entry period will be for 12 weeks.
HOW TO SUBMIT: Download track from the already downloaded MTN songstar app and sing to the track. Once finished, upload on YouTube with the tag line “MTNSONGSTARCONTEST”. Contestants will be encouraged to drive for traffic and solicit for likes for their individual song uploads on YouTube.
JUDGING CRITERIA: this will be very democratic in style. We plan to have 10 monthly winners out of which one with the highest number of views will be the overall winner for the month.
COMPETITION OPENS COMPETITION CLOSES SEPTEMBER 6, 2013. NOVEMBER 29, 2013.
MONTH MONTHLY CUT-OFF September October 4, 2013 October November 1, 2013 November November 29, 2013
See More details below:
MTN SongStar Frequently Asked Questions
1. Must you be a MTN subscriber to participate in the competition?
2. Can the MTN SongStar be downloaded to compatible devices using SIM cards from other networks?
3. Which code are interested participants to send and to which number?
SONGSTAR TO 131
4. Can you specify which devices can assess the MTN Songstar¿s app?
ANDROID, BLACKBERRY, ASHA
5. Will the ten monthly winners be eligible for selection, as finalists, at the end of the three months?
6. What about the `wild-card¿ entry, how many participants will be selected through the process?
7. What number of views must participants have to qualify for selection in the competition?
TO ENTER COMPETITION, ALL YOU NEED IS TO SHARE YOUR RECORDING TO MTN YOUTUBE CHANNEL. THE MOST VIEWED UPLOAD WINS.
8. Can a contestant be disqualified at any point during the competition?
9. What is the link for the mobile app download?
11. Is there a short code entry platform and is it free?
Short code command is [send SONGSTAR to 131] and it is zero rated.
12. Do normal data plan charges apply when a subscriber accesses the Songstar platform and uploads an entry?
Data charges apply
15. How many finalists will be at the Grand finale based on the wild card entry we discussed yesterday?
Original 3 and wild card 3
17. How much do I pay for the application?
The application is absolutely free. You can get it by visiting the MTN Nextapps store: nextapps.mtnonline.com or send Songstar to 131
18. What kind of music will I find in the MTN sonstar application?
Different music across different genres including Hip Hop, R N B, Afro Pop both international and local.
19. How much do I pay for the tracks in the App?
Each karaoke track costs N100
20. Can I get cash instead of the record deal or the other prizes?
Image Source(s): www.mtnonline.com